Help for alcoholics call now 1-866-225-8502

What is Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the consequences that will derive from drinking too much of alcohol inside a short-period of time. Alcohol poisoning is often a result of binge drinking; the use of five or more drinks in a short span of time. Once we binge drink in this manner, or drink too excessively for our own programs, the liver can’t process all of the alcohol that’s been taken to the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to become introduced in to the system, which in turn flows to the mind, affecting the neurochemistry. Many functions can be affected by this within the body. Since alcohol is actually a depressant, a large amount of alcohol can lead to the suppression of 1 or maybe more vital systems, like the breathing. Alcohol is normally metabolized in the liver at the price of one ounce every 90 minutes. This could be the equivalent of a two-ounce mixed drink, one beer or even a regular size glass of wine. This is the rate that a healthy liver functions. Any type of liver disease will be able to metabolize alcohol a lot more slowly.

Alcohol poisoning can lead to respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses natural reflexes. Like, a lot of people with alcohol poisoning are so intoxicated that they don’t have a gag re-flex, which can make them asphyxiate independently vomit if they regurgitate while they’re unconscious.

What’s alcohol poisoning? How can we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are numerous different symptoms that point to an instance of alcohol poisoning. These symptoms may possibly include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or abnormal breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or pale

* Lowered body heat, even hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awakening

If these symptoms are found in somebody you know, you should seek medical attention immediately. Alcohol accumulation therapy includes breathing service and administration of fluids and vitamins to remove alcohol in the system.

It is important to keep anyone with liquor poisoning if they’re conscious sitting in one place, until medical attention arrives. Don’t give them coffee or caffeine as this leads to further dehydration. Give water to them if they can take it. Turn them on their side; do not allow them to rest on their backs, If they are passed out.

Sufficiently high quantities of alcohol in the body may cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is recognized as a medical emergency.

Leave a Reply